MATT JEFFERIES ENTERTAINMENT TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Please read these terms and conditions carefully before booking Our Services.
Matt Jefferies Entertainment (which will be referred to as “WE” or “The Company”) will provide the services booked on the date of the event, at the agreed location and agreed times, as stated on the Service Order / Booking Form or Invoice.
BOOKING AND PAYMENT
- To secure a DJ OR Photo Booth Booking, we will need a booking fee of $300 that can be paid via Bank Transfer, Paypal, or Credit Card. Payment is due within 3 days upon confirmation of booking.
- For DJ and Photo Booth Packages, we will need a booking fee of $500 that can be paid via Bank Transfer, Paypal, or Credit Card. Payment is due within 3 days upon confirmation of booking.
- For other services, the company reserves the right to adjust the booking fee.
- On any of our services, the company reserves the right to adjust the booking fee in time.
- Failure to pay the Booking fee by the DUE DATE will result in the loss of the Booking. The Company reserves the right to open up a booking date if the client has failed to make payment to secure their booking. All bookings are not confirmed until payment is received.
- ALL Booking fee payments are NON-REFUNDABLE. The client agrees and understands that this payment is NON-REFUNDABLE upon booking.
- The remaining balance is due 3 weeks before the event date. Failure to pay the remaining balance may cause the cancellation of your booking.
- FULL Payment is required for bookings less than 3 weeks before the event.
- ALL Payments need to be processed at least the day BEFORE the event. The operation will not start until the company is paid in full.
- For certain circumstances that payments are processed after the event occur, the Company reserves the right to charge an overdue fee in addition to the remaining balance.
- Overdue payments that exceed one month of the event date will be referred to a collection agency, with the client being liable for the additional collection fees.
- Credit card payments and PayPal electronic invoices will incur a 2.2% surcharge.
CANCELLATIONS AND POSTPONEMENT
- Any Cancellations MUST be made in writing via email. The company will send a confirmation email upon receiving the request for cancellation. The Deposit/Booking Fee is NON-REFUNDABLE but is transferable or can be used as a CREDIT to any of our services. Any payments made after the Booking fee will be refunded at the company’s discretion. Processing of refund will take up to 28 days.
- All Credits will expire 2 years from when payment has been received. The client has a responsibility to engage in our services in regard to the usage of credits.
EXTENDING HIRED HOURS ON THE DAY
- For additional hours requested on the day, it would be $150/hour overtime fee that can be paid via cash on the day subject to approval by client and The Company. Let our onsite attendant know beforehand if you decided to extend your hired hours.
HEALTH, SAFETY AND MISBEHAVIOUR
- The Company reserve the right to cease performance should any physical or verbal abuse or intimidating actions be made to the DJ/Photo Booth Operator. If the Client is able to resolve the threatening situation within a reasonable amount of time (20 minutes), we shall resume performance in accordance with the original terms and conditions of this agreement. You will be advised of any problems that we may have in this respect with any of your guests.
- Client shall be responsible for payment in full when such a situation occurs, regardless of whether the situation is resolved, or whether the Entertainer resumes performance. We will not be responsible for any damage or loss to private or public property caused by invited or uninvited guests.
- Should guests cause the event to finish early due to misconduct, violent, aggressive and destructive behaviour, the company will not be liable for non-performance and the full fee will be applied.
- Matt Jefferies Entertainment reserves the right to discontinue all or part of equipment usage if the power provided is not capable of operating the equipment without risk of damage to the equipment, the Company, staff, or the public, or if the working environment constitutes a health and safety risk.
- The company will not be liable for failing to perform under the agreement by the occurrence of any event mentioned above.
- The Company is not responsible for any power outages. Since every reasonable safeguard is assured, the Company cannot be held responsible for any sudden malfunction or breakdown of any electrical equipment as this is an unavoidable occurrence and is outside of our control.
- The Client agrees to provide a meal and water/softdrinks for each Matt Jefferies Entertainment staff booked (DJ and/or photo booth operator) during any catered event that operates for longer than four 4 hours. If finger food/cocktail style event, reasonable access to finger food is requested in place of a meal.
USE OF PROMOTIONAL MATERIALS
- The client gives permission for all photos taken during the event to be used on The Company’s website, social media pages and promotional materials. We will remove images if requested in writing and will also comply with not displaying any images upfront if notified beforehand. The company will not use images which are not suitable for the website or any content that may be personally damaging to anyone.
PHOTO BOOTH RULES / SAFETY PRECAUTIONS
- There will be no food and drinks on the props table and in the booth area.
- No props are to be removed from the photo booth area.
- During the event, if the crowd goes uncontrollable or guests display misbehaviours inside the booth area, the company will close the operation of the photo booth until the situation is resolved. Certain damage costs will be charged to the client if props were missing or damage to the mirror occurred during the event as inflicted by guests. Ceasing the operation of the photo booth is a protection for both parties to avoid additional costs or damages.
- Children under the age of 10 are to be accompanied by an adult when selecting props and when inside the photo booth area.
- For no reception coverage venue, the client agrees that this is beyond the company’s control. As a result of this, certain features of the photo booth (for example: SMS or Email feature, roaming mode for Pylon) may not work. Rest assured that the client will receive all digital copies via a gallery link.
PRIVATE PHOTO GALLERY
- Photos will be uploaded to our gallery and access will be provided via a link. Photos will stay for 6 months before they will be removed from our gallery. It is the client’s responsibility to upload all of their photos within 6 months.
LAWN GAMES HIRE
- Setup and pack down are done by Matt Jefferies Entertainment to ensure the correct placement of the games hired.
- The Company reserves the right to charge a refundable bond upon booking. The bond is refunded once the games have been inspected by Matt Jefferies Entertainment and no damages or missing pieces occurred during the event.
- If damages occurred to our Lawn Games, the client will be charged a replacement cost depending on the severity of the damages.
- Please note that all person using the games do so at their own risk. The client will be held responsible and liable for any damage or injury occurring from a result of misuse or reckless use.
- All lawn games must remain protected from weather and any games that are not useable due to weather will still incur the full hire fee.
WEDDING SPECIAL EFFECTS
- Official Wedding Runsheet must be submitted 1 week prior to the event. Matt Jefferies Entertainment will send an event info sheet within the week (most likely the Monday of the event) and it is the client’s responsibility to confirm and inform us of any changes. It is NOT the company’s responsibility if there are changes on the day without prior knowledge that may lead to the wedding special effects not being set up on time. NO refund is given if the First Dance is ahead or behind schedule. It is the client’s responsibility to inform all wedding vendors involved (venue, DJ, MC) to follow the official runsheet.
- It is the client’s responsibility to check with their venue if they allow indoor wedding effects like (dry ice machine, indoor fireworks) before booking and making a payment.
- The company accepts no responsibility for the run time of the dry ice effect. The run time is an estimation and is a trade-off between run time and a more ambient effect. For example, longer-lasting effects will result in lighter clouds, shorter effects will result in dense clouds. Refunds will not be issued on the basis of a short run time or limited effect
- The company will not accept responsibility if the doors or windows are open and/or air conditioning, fans, or other cooling/heating devices interfere with the effect. Venues are requested by the technician to reduce or turn off said devices.
ACCEPTANCE OF THIS AGREEMENT
By booking Matt Jefferies Entertainment, the client agrees to these Terms and Conditions.
All Terms and Conditions (whichever applies to your booking) will be deemed as accepted when the Booking Fee is received.
If you have any questions regarding our Terms and Conditions, please don’t hesitate to contact us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org