Wedding Services Melbourne – Popular R&B Artists For Any Wedding
Today, R&B is indeed very popular at weddings. In fact, couples are always asking what the best songs are to play. Also, what are some of the best artists that get played at weddings when a couple request an R&B set?
Below is a list of artists that I play at most R&B weddings. Currently the R&B trend is to play songs from the late 90’s through to 2010 with a couple of new top 40 songs thrown in along the way.
In no particular order, here are list of popular R&B artists for any wedding reception.
- Beyonce – Out of all the artists on this list Beyonce is by far the most played. Love On Top is a classic wedding background song and used for many special moments. Crazy In Love is the biggest wedding R&B song to fill a dance floor and Single Ladies is the most pick Bouquet Song.
- Nelly – This artist gets played at every R & B wedding. Hot In Here, Hey Porsche, Country Grammer and Ride wit Me are the most played.
- Ne-Yo – Too many hits to list so here are a few – So Sick, Mad, Sexy Love, Because Of You, Give Me Everything.
- Chris Brown – Forever is one of the most selected songs when it comes to special moments at any wedding. Yeah is a dance floor classic getting many guests to singalong.
- The Black Eyed Peas – Big songs like I Got A Feeling, Let’s Get It Started, Shut Up, My Humps, Boom Boom Pow….. Party Anthems!
- Eminem – “Will the real Slim Shady please stand up, please stand up”.
- Jagged Edge – Let’s Get Married is the perfect wedding song.
- Fatman Scoop – Be Faithful is the easiest way to fill a dance floor.
- 112 – Dance wit Me a classic hit song at weddings. Peaches and Cream gets it’s fair share of plays too.
- R Kelly – Ignition is the biggest song by this artist at most wedding receptions
- Ginuwine – Pony is a great choice when is comes to the garter. What a classic!
- Justin Timberlake – Everybody loves Justin Timberlake and if you want to bring all the ladies to the floor then just about any of his hit singles will do just that.
- Kanye West – Gold Digger being a classic R & B song at R & B weddings.
- Macklemore – Thrift Shop, Glorious, Can’t Hold Us, Downtown and the list goes on.
- Usher – One of the biggest artists of all time and with so many hits to choose from. Our favourite is U-Turn but the most requested is Yeah.
More R&B Artists Hit Songs At Weddings…
- Notorious B.I.G – Still very popular at weddings being requested at most R & B weddings
- Rihanna – Hits, Hits and more hits. Need I say more.
- Run DMC – It’s Tricky, tricky tricky tricky tricky
- Shaggy – It Wasn’t Me is the biggest for weddings with guests singing along.
- Salt N Pepper – The favourite has to be either Push It or Watta Man
- TLC – No Scrubs happens to be the biggest hit for TLC and it never fails on the dance floor
- Tyga – Rack City still requested a lot.
- Will Smith – Still popular at weddings these three hit songs Men In Black, Switch and Gettin Jiggy Wit It
- Vanilla Ice – Ice Ice Baby
- Sean Paul – Get Busy being the most popular but hits like Temperature and Gimmie The Light to name a few also work
- Snoop Dogg – Drop It Like It’s Hot
- Jennifer Lopaz – Play, Let’s Get Loud, Jenny From The Block, I’m Real and Get Right all hits
- Flo Rida – So many tunes that work well at wedding receptions
- 50 Cent – Go shorty it’s you birthday……..
- Destinys Child – With so many awesome hit songs like Bootylicious, Survivor, Say My Name, Jumpin Jumpin, Bills Bills Bills and Independent woman it’s no wonder this group made the top 30.
Matt Jefferies Entertainment Wedding Services DJ Tips And Music Recommendations
Need a DJ for your wedding? Contact us here and we will send you a quote on our variety of entertainment packages. Wedding Services Melbourne Popular R&B Artists Blog by Matt Jefferies Entertainment – www.mattjefferiesentertainment.com.au Need a photo booth as well? Check Mirror Photo Booth Melbourne for info and bookings.