Remember when a newlywed couple’s “first dance” was just two wild youngsters moving around on the dance floor to their favourite romantic song? We don’t know either. Probably because wedding first dances have become massive shows for at least the last five years or so: the ideal music choice, the dramatic entrance, the beautiful dancing, the professional choreography?? You’re not alone if you’re nervous about your first dance.
And we’re here to help with these suggestions to handle your Wedding First Dance Melbourne anxiety and reviving this beloved wedding custom.
- Include your soon-to-be partner in the planning of your first dance. After all, it’ll be him or her with whom you’ll be dancing! Step back and try to recall any music you both loved while dating. Is there a song that holds a special place in your heart? Is there a particular artist that you both enjoy? Is there a specific musical genre to which you and your partner prefer to dance?
- Consider taking a series of dance classes together to relieve any stress you may be having about dancing in front of an audience. These may be a fun date night activity, followed by dinner or a post-con beverage and a laugh session, reminiscing about his lovely salsa tries or your dramatic “dip” recovery. Pre-wedding dancing courses can also help you determine what music style best suits you and your partner.
- Don’t forget about the “classics” when choosing a first-dance song for your wedding reception. There’s a reason why you can’t go wrong with a timeless classic for your first spin as husband and wife. Classic songs from the 1940s and 1950s are always popular, and your Wedding DJ will be able to accommodate your request.
- Not a fan of pop music? That is fine. In the grand scheme of things, charting singles and Spotify hits are often in for like…five minutes…and then forgotten. You’ll want to choose first-dance music that both you and your groom will enjoy at the moment, be thrilled to relive in your wedding photographs and wedding film over and over again, and dance to in private moments for years to come.
- Have a good time! Dancing with others is a lot of fun, especially when you’re prepared. Remember that when you’re up there, all eyes are on you, and when your guests see you having a good time, they’ll want to join you on the dance floor.
- Add a special effect like dry ice effect / dancing on a cloud or if you have the budget, add indoor fireworks! Make sure to let your official photographer know that you have this awesome effect so he / she could capture the magical moment!
These simple steps will ease your Wedding First Dance Melbourne Anxiety and will make your wedding’s first dance joyful and straightforward. You’ll obtain perfect wedding first dance photographs AND be the star of the party if you take the time to prepare. Shine brightly!
For more information on any of our entertainment services, Click here. We service Dandenong Ranges, Mornington Peninsula, Phillip Island, Yarra Valley, Bayside, Melbourne city and surrounding areas.
Travel fees do not apply to most areas. Please ask us when enquiring about our services. To find out how we can make your Wedding Reception unforgettable contact us for a customised Wedding DJ & Photo Booth Packages.